Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Shipping Charges

I get the question from time to time about shipping charges.  Well just today I had to return a pair of dryer balls that had unfortunately cracked.  In an effort to offer good customer service I offered my client to pay to return the dryer balls to Norwex head office so that she could get her warranty and be shipped a new set (normally it is up to the buyer to pay shipping if they want replacement).  All I shipped was the set of dryer balls plus an invoice and a piece of paper to Dauphin Manitoba (Norwex's head office).  It cost me $9.50 out of my pocket to ship a very small and light package!  Norwex heavily subsidizes our shipping costs because to ship one bag of laundry soap from Dauphin MB to BC is $32.00, that is more than the cost of the soap! 
Anyone who has had to ship parcels with Canada Post these days knows that shipping isn't cheap.  So to send an entire package of inventory and only pay $5.25 is really not unreasonable...considering I just saw what it was to ship ONE set of dryer balls!  It is more than my profit on them actually...

When you go to a party and you combine your orders together on someones invoice to spare yourself a few bucks on shipping please understand that this doesn't eliminate the cost to bring your items to you.  We consultants pay shipping fees based on a dollar amount.  It also makes doing warranties VERY difficult as we are expected to send in fully filled out invoices in order to get returns granted.  Also keep in mind that when your order goes over $100 we get charged a higher shipping fee that we absorb out of our evenings profits instead of charge back to you.

Please understand this is not a make money tax included on your orders for us consultants as a bonus, it simply costs money to ship items!  I am a very fair person to my clients.  Many long term clients of mine know that I throw in a freebie or a discount every now and again to make up for the shipping costs, its my way of appreciating you for supporting me.

I hope this helps you understand shipping charges and feel good about it for future purchases!

No comments:

Post a Comment